About Castleton Moor in Rochdale
This township, which takes its name from a castle formerly located on the south bank of the Roch, a little distance west of the church, has a location of 3,812 acres, pushing the south side of the river simply called. The town of Rochdale currently inhabits a large portion of the location. Plumbers in Rochdale would like you to visit Castleton Moor.
The primary roadways are those from Rochdale southwest and west with Marland to Bury, with a branch southern through Castleton town, previously called Blue Pits, to Middleton and Manchester; south through Buersill and Balderstone to Oldham; and east to Milnrow. The Lancashire as well as Yorkshire Railway from Manchester to Halifax goes through the township, having stations at Castleton and also Rochdale; near the previous is a joint with the line from Bury, as well as to the eastern of the last branches go off south-east to Oldham and also north-west to Bacup.
On the north side of Marland, by the Roch, is a woody clough called Tyrone’s Bed, a tale created by Roby and also William Nuttall (d. 1840) obtaining money that the Earl of Tyrone, forbidden by Elizabeth, took haven there. Kill Danes, ‘by the Castle Hillside, has, naturally, the description that Danish intruders were slain there at some remote time.
Part of Castleton was taken into the district of Rochdale on its development in 1856. A regional board for the rest was developed in 1875, but the limits were afterwards modified. The area came to be a township in 1894 but was taken into the borough of Rochdale in 1900. The former township of Castleton is now chiefly within Rochdale borough; however tiny components lie within the borough of Heywood as well as the new territory of Milnrow. Castleton is an area of Rochdale, Greater Manchester, England,1.2 miles (1.9 km) south-southwest of Rochdale town centre and 8 miles (13 kilometres) north-northeast of the city of Manchester.
Historically a part of Lancashire, Castleton’s early history is noted by its standing as an area within the ancient church of Rochdale. Before merging with the Region District of Rochdale in 1900, Castleton experienced quick development throughout the 19th century as a mill community in its very own right, helped with for the most part by the building and construction of the Rochdale Canal which is routed via the area. Castleton’s growth was considerable; so much so, that temporarily it was almost the very same size of neighbouring Rochdale. Make time to go see our page about Rain Shore Rochdale.