About Boxmoor in Hemel Hempstead

Boxmoor, or Boxmoor Village, is a district of Dacorum in Hertfordshire, England. It is now part of Hemel Hempstead. It is an area of primarily 19th century real estate as well as meadowland, repeatedly cut through by transport links from London to the Midlands. Plumbing Company in Hemel Hempstead encourage you to go see Boxmoor in Hemel Hempstead.

The name Boxmoor derives from the box tree a bushy resident of the milky hills that surround the place. This is linked together with words ‘mor’ which symbolizes a marshy place; Boxmoor’s old watermeadows are still a major attribute of the area.

The remains of a Roman villa have been found in the premises of Boxmoor Residence School near the railway station dating from around the 1st or early 2nd century AD.

Package Moor Trust possesses meadow land in the location along with the River Bulbourne. This is land acquired by renters in secret throughout the 16th century to prevent it being enclosed and also depriving them of grazing. It is still held by the exact same trust established during that time as well as is made use of for summertime grazing as well as has open accessibility for entertainment use.

The old Box Lane runs uphill from Boxmoor to Bovingdon. On this lane, near to the Boxmoor end, stood the historic early seventeenth century Box Lane Chapel, see section listed below on places of worship. Boxmoor cricket club as well as St. Johns Church. A four-lane battle carriageway, the A41 trunk roadway, was constructed with the area in the 1990s, attaching the M25 to Aylesbury. This crosses Boxmoor fields in a strip of land in which all the earlier links run side by side, turnpike, canal, train as well as contemporary trunk roadway.

Box Lane Church, a non-conformist church established in 1668 ashore owned by the Westbrook Hay estate, was re-built in 1690 and afterwards changed in 1856 and also once more in 1876. Tradition has it that Oliver Cromwell as soon as worshiped here at an earlier building on the website. It is currently a private house after being offered in 1969.

St John’s Church in Boxmoor was developed, in 1874, on part of package Moor Trust land.
Sports Boxmoor Cricket Club was founded in 1857 when package Moor Trust let several of their land be utilized as a cricket pitch that is referred to as the Boxmoor oval which had a pavilion included the 1930s. Check out our page about Chaulden Hemel Hempstead.

Hemel Hempstead Plumbing Company

FIX IT FAST PLUMBERS OF Hemel Hempstead GOOGLE MAPS

Boxmoor in Hemel Hempstead GOOGLE MAPS

Driving Directions From Boxmoor to Fix It Fast Plumbers of Hemel Hempstead